Thursday 17 November 2016

"For the Emperor... Or Perhaps the Warmaster!"

After building and painting Brother Garam, my World Eaters Contemptor last month the 30k bug has finally bit me. For some reason Dark Angels as a Legion never quite appealed enough, but I've now found my Legion Love, a Shattered Legions Love to be exact. I am on track for 3000pts of Blood and Steel, my combined force of World Eaters and Iron Warriors. My goal is to build a 3000 point Heresy list that can be broken down, roughly into two 1500 point lists that Tim and I can play against each other here at home too.

World Eaters on the left, Iron Warriors on the right

Converted Stalker pattern Bolters for an IW Recon Squad

Geigor the Fell Hand converted to a WE Centurion

I've chosen the colour scheme on the right for my IW, a little more classic but stil my own

My Iron Warriors Praetor, I'm thinking of making a hammer for his Paragon Blade

and a Chain Axe from Anvil Industry, great value!
So as you see I've got a good start in building so far, but 3000pts is a big goal so this'll take some time. All the longer when I start thinking about the cost of Forge World models...
I plan on getting my shoulder pads from Shapeways, I've bought some Pop Goes the Monkey products and been super happy with them. When it comes to third party a lot just isnt good enough, Anvil Industry however has a great reputation and I was very satisfied when my Chain Axe order arrived, almost 50 of them is a good start for a World Eater army; gotta love +1S.

To help keep me motivated I've joined the Age of Darkness podcast 'Two Week Hobby Challenge', here's hoping I don't spend too long in the Box of Shame with JP.


No comments:

Post a Comment