Thursday 28 January 2016

Hobby Progress Week 4 2016


That's another week gone by, how fast they pass. I've not made any progress on the Seraphon discussed in the last post, but I haven't been idle. I decided to finish up a couple of small parts of larger projects before cracking on with the new army, and I converted up a 1st Legion Praetor from the Betrayal at Calth set too.

Project one was to get some models ready to use in a small game. My Dark Angels, as discussed were built mainly in the summer of 2013, before "Basegate", meaning they were all standing pretty on 25mm bases. So although I have built all 107 Astartes for The Feared, I technically only had one completed, as I mentioned on Twitter, that is less than 1% of the Company. Well that's changed, now I have 32 completed. These were the models that preciously were finished, so rather than ditching the (I think) quite nice bases I had, I bought 32mm converter rings from Eccentric Miniatures and was very pleased.

 
With some other characters that's 38 32's

The rest of the Marines are unbased so far so they will go straight on 32's to begin with. Soon I'll have a complete Demi-Company as all of those models are painted already. I also took the opportunity to muddy up their legs a little, perhaps oneday I'll add some battle damage too. 


A Dirty Dark Angel

Project two were the two tanks that make up the Space Marine HQ Command Tanks set. The Land Raider Excelsior and the Primaris Rhino. These are lovely, super detailed models that I'm very pleased with. I applied a light coat of kit bashing to them to let them show their Dark Angel roots and will be painting them up as Eighth Company assets. The pose on the Company Master in the Excelsior is perfect and reminds me very much of a popular meme. :)



I'm really pleased with how these are turning out

So onwards and upwards, I'd like to finish building a couple of half started kits and perhaps at least get bases ready for carrying on project one (perhaps that should get a better name), before I start anyday now in ernest on the Seraphon


Nicodemus, Praetor of the Monitors
The First Legion's 88th Company

No comments:

Post a Comment