Tuesday 4 October 2016

Games Workshop Oslo's 40k Hobby Week (June 27th - July 1st)



Back at the end of June my local GW held a hobby week for 40k. Running up to the 27th the staff had helped me with list planning and conversion ideas. I got together a ton of bits from various boxes at home and ordered a couple last pieces to complete the list.

This is what I came up with:
Grand Master Xerophus (Command Tanks)
• Land Raider Excelsior: Extra Armour; Rod of Command 220
• Rhino Primaris: Dozer Blade; Extra Armour 215

Brother-Chaplain Elixian (Interrogator Chaplain in Terminator Armour): Digital Weapons; Melta Bombs 155

Dreadnoughts
• Honoured Brother Kain (Dreadnought): Twin Linked Lascannon; Twin Linked Autocannon; Extra Armour 140

Venerable Dreadnoughts
• Ancient-Brother Cicarus (Venerable Dreadnought): Plasma Cannon; Powerfist; Extra Armour 140

The Remorseless (Command Squad): Company Champion; Apothecary; Storm Shield; Company Standard; 2 × Meltagun 165

The Relic Guard - Squad Cadorush (10 Devestator Squad): Veteran Sergeant (Plasma Pistol; Thunder Hammer); 9 Devestator Squad; 4 × Plasma Cannon 250

Squad Ainstien (9 Devestator Squad): Space Marine Sergeant (Combi Plasma); 4 × Lascannon; Armorium Cherub 235

Squad Lenial (9 Devestator Squad): Space Marine Sergeant (Storm Bolter); 4 × Missile Launcher; Armorium Cherub 210

Squad Trayfal (9 Devestator Squad): Space Marine Sergeant (Storm Bolter); 4 × Heavy Bolter 185

Squad Amian (9 Devestator Squad): Space Marine Sergeant (Lightning Claw; Lightning Claw; Meltabombs); 4 × Grav Cannon & Grav Amo 315

The Pride (2 Predators)
• Lion Claw (Predator): Lascannon Sponsons; Dozer Blade; Extra Armour; Storm Bolter 135
• Lion Fang (Predator): Lascannon Sponsons; Dozer Blade; Extra Armour; Storm Bolter 135

2 500 points




During the week I was able to turn up each day, but later than everyone else (kids on summer holidays). Still my kids were also away on holiday so I was able to make up the time during the evenings. It was great fun, and really inspirational to hobby in a real active environment for a change. Over the course of the week I managed to finish building all 58 Infantry models, the two Predators (the WHW Command Tanks were already built and basecoated) and the two Dreadnoughts.
After this came a lot of drybrushing,
a really effective way of getting a good highlight down on the Marines
and their tanks that saves a loads of time when you've a lot to do


By the end of the week I'd got a few games in, tried out my first ever Predators in a multiplayer game, another chap had one so we teamed up to form a Squadron, now I know I want a third. Some people got a lot more than me done, by the end of the week I'd got all 62 new models built, undercoated, drybrushed and the blacks were basecoated. I also got one mode complete.






Finally, here is a link to a post with the finished army.

No comments:

Post a Comment