Sunday 2 October 2016

We Can Rebuild Him... #Dreadtober Construction Phase

Tomorrow marks the first day of my last week of pappaperm (paternity leave), I'm fortunate enough to live in Norway and have just enjoyed eight weeks of paid leave to spend with my now 13 months old daughter. It's been magic, it's also granted me a lot of extra hobby time. :) Hence the (for me) massive amounts of Dark Angels I've painted this year, and the 4000+ points of other armies I've built.

Knowing that Jay time will be harder to come by for my small soldiers very soon I've now dived into building my Deathwatch Veteran Dreadnought, Brother Thanatos, for #Dreadtober. As Chris the Geek recently admonished me on Twitter, I shouldn't be so hasty, I have got some wires crossed going up Thanatos' legs and that left me a messy base to deal with, apart from that it's been great fun to put together, as Dreadnoughts always are.

I began with the legs, working out how much wire would be needed and cutting out a route
Then came the arms and fibreoptics for the scanners

Once I had some things glued together I added the base that I'd started on earlier

This is when I discovered I'd messed up the wires and would need to do more work on the base

Greenstuff and a large plasticard girder are my friend here, the base'll be fine
 
                                
The Red Hunter Chapter Symbol is used as a backpack decoration on the Deathwatch Vets kit. I shaved it off and added it to his 'personal' shoulder

The wiring and battery underneath are quite tidy really, just very sandy from basing :)

#Dreadtober These are my fearsomefoursome that I hope to complete this month

And without glare


I still have some detail work to go on the big guy, likely a purity seal or two here and there, and the tough part, trying to create a Deathwatch style shoulderpad on his left arm out of greenstuff. Wish me luck. I'll post some photos up when he is finished and I'll be getting into the painting as soon as I can so as to get the most out of this last week off work. 

3 comments:

  1. Ok so that is one way to up the game of #dreadtober ;)

    Well played.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, that was definitely my goal. I've tried LED's before, with some success even, but this will mark my first (hopefully) finished model with them. Add three other Dreads in for good measure just to hide mediocrity on masses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just have fun with it. That is what I am telling the lot on my blog.

      Delete