Sunday 9 October 2016

Honoured-Brother Thanatos is Constructed...

... And Codicer Tuvial is almost complete.

First up the Angels Sanguine. I started getting some base colours on my dreads during the times I couldn't build. I quickly realised I'd made an undercoating error and red'ed up half of my Death Company dreadnought along with the other two. I spent a moment debating rolling with it, but both the fluff and general opinion said go all black. I did however decided to go with a red 'blood smear' image across his 'face' just to make him a little different, I'm thinking of going with this throughout my Death Company models, we'll see.


The other two were easier to continue on, my Furioso got his red's and blacks blocked out fully and Leadbelcher on the metal sections, it's a start. Over a few evenings, in between building Brother Thanatos, I've managed to almost finish Codicer Tuvial, my Librarian Dreadnought. It's been great fun picking out the details and making a character of him whilst retaining the quite simple and clean style of the B@C Contemptor. All that remains now is basing, which will be for all three later in the month, and weathering. I may go heavier on the weathering on my Angels Sanguine than my Dark Angels who are mostly only dirty, we'll see that'll be a new trick to learn.

Codicer Turvial, so bursting with power that 76% body loss couldn't stop him fighting

He looks more menacing from this angle

Two Ravenwing transfers and a skull from the Cadian sheet to make an Angels Sanguine symbol

I'm very pleased with both the black armour's highlights and the glow on his Force Halberd

Finally I've built my Deathwatch Dreadnought, Ancient Thanatos of the Red Hunters.
I love the glow on his Assault Cannon and in the fist
I've struggled a little with his left shoulder, I want to have the iconic Deathwatch text, but none of my attempts have been good enough... yet! My greenstuff version was OK, but not clear enough to make out as text, the silver paint pen I tried wasn't fine enough to be worth it, next up I'm going to have to try painting it on. Otherwise it's all good, the base covers up the wiring problem I created just fine and all of the other little conversions I've made I'm very happy with. The Deathwatch style shoulder auspex is made from the light in the Ven. Dread. set with a small piece of Chaos fencing added on the top and some lenses placed on rather than the lights you normally get (they are greenstuffed away on the back side). I cleaned up a sarcofogus front to add the Deathwatch I on and trimmed down the backpack top for his left shoulder.

 
The silver text is first glossed to make the Lamian Medium & Stormhost Silver mix flow in nicely and the the panel above is touched up with black to get it sharper. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

All in all a good week, tomorrow I begin work again so we'll see how much more I can get done. At the least I hope to complete Tuvial and Thanatos. #Dreadtober is turning out to be so much fun. That is in a large, large part to all of the activitey going on around the net, Twitter is fantastic, and the hashtag keeps popping up on various Facebook groups too, all thanks to Joe at the Broken Paintbrush, please check out the latest showcase post where many participants explain how their week has gone much more briefly than I just have.

2 comments:

  1. Lookong very nice there. I love how the trio all have slightly different styles and wildly different looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was very pleased as I built them. The Contemptor style lends itself so well to the roll of HQ, even the B@C version oozes character. The other two are more run of the mill, but I do like the Vet. Dread torso for the Furioso.

      Delete